Sunday, February 07, 2010

Day Four and Five

Photobucket
Upon arrival outside the Arena of Stars
Those boxes are superduperheavyduty ok D: There's more but you couldn't see it. 
Didn't take much pic here cos people busy carrying stuffs and boss was there :x


Ohai people I'm back. That is if you knew I was away from home T_T
Soooo!
I went to GentingH (again) this time. But it wasn't for fun it was a work thing! *serious

Arrived at the office at 6am on Friday morning what an ungodly hour it used to be my bedtime T_T I thought I'd be the earliest one but guess what all of them were there already minus me and my coursemates wtf damn failed.
We're not late okay just that they were too early! 

Carried stuffs; basically the cameras, cables, control units, monitors and some other things I don't know what are their names cos textbooks did not cover this part wtf. How can they carry all these heavy stuffs so efficiently fast har har har one damn control unit needs 6 men to carry it and some more only carrying it from truck to trolley. No one can carry it while walking wtf. There's nothing much I can carry all alone cos I'm a weak girl wtf ok I know it sounded so wrong but I admit failure here I can't do anything alone! Kinda useless T_T I didn't know it's this crazy heavy and it is seriously a kuli job :s

I dread the carrying process. But the all cables pulling and rolling is the worst. Meh. I hate them. They're all 50 metres, 100m, 120m and so and guess what I always tangle them all together FML and all the senior staffs will give me mean remarks except one cameraman la haih I don't know his name but we call him Emil Chau wtf. Too bad I still can't catch up the method he taught me and the it became worst. FAILED. They already rolled like 10 ok maybe 3 or 4 rolls of cables and I haven't even done with 1 at all. Seriously at that time of my life I wanted to become a guy wtf so I can at least contribute some help becoming kuli T_T Btw did I say handling the cables will definitely makes your hand become rough and dry and dirty? T_T Dirty can wash lah but rough and dry! I was so paranoid I went to buy handcream today wtf. So sad ok I'm now full of injuries. Cedera parah *quotes Jess. T_T_T_T_T

The easiest part of my job during the show was, I got nothing to do! Ok not literally nothing to do at all but I was there to run around just in case they need help from the control room to the stage. Mind you it's Arena of Stars and I lost count how many times I run up and down the steps. Genting should do something about it. The steps are sooo small that anybody could trip on it :s Bad design! Oh yeah and also build an elevator instead of steps for any crews to move their damn equipments into the underground control room lah why put stairs when it's so freaking hard to carry them up and down T_T 

Ok back to what I did. Not like I really didn't do anything at all T_T I handle the wireless intercoms for the floor managers, earpiece for the hosts, replacing batteries wtf, sticking the cables onto the floor using duct tapes and I don't know why they call it 'gaffer' here. I thought gaffer is someone else :s Textbooks' fault. *blames

I have no pictures so I couldn't really tell precisely what's what. Pics are with Jo and I bet she's having fun right now pfft.

10 minutes to Monday.

I'll continue tomorrow.

Byenitedie D:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 mths only. T_T

and HOH! that jacket!

-jess

mykie said...

Jess: Yes it's true 3 months only but it's only first week and I already cedera parah. :S

Jci said...

invest on those disposable surgery gloves perhaps XD wahahahhahaha

mykie said...

Jci: Brought dad's gardener gloves instead XD